Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blessed Curse

You are my darkness and my Light
You bring me to death then back to life
You're my misstress and my wife
For you are
My blessed curse

You bring me joy you bring me strife
You're my flame burning in ice
You're my pain and yet the knife
For you are
Yes you are
My blessed curse

You're every thing that I hold dear
You know how to frustrate me
Just one look from your eyes
Can build or neatly break me

It's not fair to put my life and fate
Compleatly in your hands
This responsibility has many
Hard to meet demands

When you are my everything
You're my good and you're my bad
Not just what I have right now
But all I've ever had

I may woo you in the moonlight
And treat you oh so sweetly
You at first may even pride yourself
On pocketing me so neatly

Before you know you may decide
That I'm overly needy
And after that you may decide
That I'm overtly creepy

You may run and you may hide
But I'm allways by your side
If you need me I'll be there
You'll know you have someone who cares

For the point to all this round about
Reverse the end of the first verse
It is not merely you for I'm
Forevermore your blessed curse

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this to be funny, but it ended up not being as funny as I had thought it would be. There is a point where dark humor just becomes dark and loses some of the humor I guess.
    Still, I at least find it to be a piece that speaks to me in some powerful ways about how the wrong mentality can take a relationship somewhere it shouldn't be.

    ReplyDelete